Sunday 30 December 2012

Gold Rush - Gold Eye Make Up Look

Ever wanted to play around with eyeshadow... But were always too scared to try new colours?
It's easy for us all to stick with our trusty nude shadows... But why not try a little twist without going too over the top?
This look is great all year round.... Especially with a tan and suits all eye colours.
To achieve this look I used my Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet. A pallet I could now not live without. In addition to the pallet I used a Mac pigment in Tan which is one of my favourites, a liquid eyeliner and lashings of mascara (false lashes optional)
Colours that I used from the pallet were;
Bootycall
Tease
Half Baked
Chopper
Blackout

Apply your eyeshadow primer all over your lid.
Use the Bootycall shade (the lightest one) to the brow bone and inner corner of your eye.
Use Tease (the matt brown shade) to contour your eye and create depth.
Apply Half Baked (golden shade) to the lid blending outward a from the inner corner. Also apply this shade to the lower lash line if you want a more dramatic look.
Use Chopper (copper shade) on the outer corner of the eye lid and blend up in to the crease.
I used the Tan, Mac pigment to strengthen the copper shade along the crease and on the outer corner of the lower lash line but its not essential.
Ensuring that all shades are blended together (apply more of the Tease shade if you wish and reapply the Bootycall shade if you feel you have lost some of the highlight)
Then using Blackout (matt black shade) blend on the outer corner and in to the crease.
Finish with a slick of black liquid eyeliner (I used Lancôme Artliner) and lashings of your favourite mascara.

(If you wish to create a more dramatic look like I have in my picture line your waterline with black kohl liner and apply false eyelashes)

For the rest of my face, I applied Benefit's Cha Cha Tint to my cheeks and a Revlon lipgloss in Coral Reef.

Enjoy recreating!

Rhian Xx











No comments:

Post a Comment