Friday 28 December 2012

Mac Blue Brown Pigment

For this blog post I'm gonna take you back... Old School... Well... Not really, but I am going to talk to you about the first pigment I ever bought.
For those who have read previous posts, I've mentioned a number of times how I like the look and finish that you get from a pigment as opposed to just an eyeshadow. (mainly because I like to have strong eye make up and pigments really POP on the lid)
So the first pigment I ever purchased, many years ago now was Mac's Blue Brown pigment. A pigment which I've recently fallen back in love with! Granted its not an every day kind of shade but it is a beauty none the less! The pigment also has a reddish tint to it which is perfect particularly if you have green eyes like me :-)
I have swatches the shade below so you can see it alone and also when applied on top of a black base (I used Illamasqua Entangle cream eyeshadow, but you could use a Mac paint pot or just a basic kohl liner) the other swatch is when I have added Mac's Reflex Transparent Teal pigment on top for extra sparkles! (L-R)
I think you will agree its a great shade and the two tone makes it different to other pigments out there (although Illamasqua do a similar one)
I have used the pigment all over the base of my eye in the picture below but if you aren't bold enough a little of this shade in the outer corners and crease will look fab!
I have blended the shade with Mac's Embark eyeshadow which is a matt reddish brown shade and highlighted using Mac's All That Glitters on the brow bone and inner corner.
Finished with a little black eyeshadow in the outer corners and a gel liner along the lash line (top and bottom)

The pigment like all Mac pigments will last you all day or night provided you use a primer first.

Hope you like!!
Rhian Xx





1 comment: