Saturday 7 March 2015

Ocean Hairdressing - Llanishen

It's been forever since I've been to a new salon, or had a different hair dresser. 
I'm very selective on who I let near my hair, I have very fine hair and so I need to feel comfortable with whoever I choose to cut my hair. My usual and trusty hairdresser is on maternity leave at the moment having given birth to two beautiful twins! 
I decided to take to Twitter and Facebook to find a new salon. That's where I was recommended this one, by a friend of mine who I know I can trust when it comes to all things beauty and pampering. 
The salon owner, James invited me to the salon for a free consultation to discuss colour and cut requirements, which I promptly did! If you had seen the state of my ends you would understand why it was so prompt. Not been cut since November and believe me it needed a chop. 
Following my consultation I booked my appointment. 


I was going from a blonde ombré look which I had, had for about a year and felt my hair needed a rest and a bit of life put back in to it. Due to the lightness on the ends, my hair had to go through a pre-pigmenting process. 


Now one of the things I really liked about this salon is that I was talked through each process by the stylist, Mitch so I was aware what was happening and what the results of that process would be. I was also offered a hand and arm massage while my colour was setting and that's a pretty cool perk too. 
Following my colour, which I decided on a rich chocolate reddish brown I was also given hair cuticle treatment. Oh and they have the funkiest massaging chairs for when you are having your hair washed -  another added feature that you don't always get in a standard salon. 



My cut was finished, dried and styled by Mitch and I was then given a little pack of information for my next visit and a recommend a friend scheme. 


The staff were polite, courteous and I felt at ease! It's never easy going in to a new hair salon, but I enjoyed my visit to Ocean and had a good gossip about various celebrity with Mitch while he was doing my hair. 

I'm always more of a support a local business person, rather than going to a chain. I prefer the personal service and the attention to detail. 
They even do a really cute, text service for when your appointment confirming times etc and I also received a lovely to meet you text which again is super cute.

They also offer beauty treatments, such as manicures, and waxing. 

You can follow Ocean Llanishen on Twitter @oceanllanishen to find out more or call the salon on 02920753222

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment