Sunday 8 November 2015

Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo

Now.... if you haven't yet heard of or tried dry shampoo you must have been living under a rock for the last 5-7 years. I'm sure plenty of you will correct me and say it's been around longer or that the idea of applying talc to your hair to dry it out has been around for donkeys years! But I would estimate that it was 5-7 years ago that I first found the wonder that is dry shampoo! 

Since then it's fair to say that the dry shampoo market has gone craaaazy! With pretty much all brands now offering one.

As my hair is fine, I do suffer from greasy roots - so for me dry shampoo is a life saver - my first bottle was a Lee Stafford one and I think I ended up paying around £5-6 for it! Them I found out there was this wonderful green bottle called Batiste (there was only one type back then) and it was only £1.99!!

I saw the Aussie one on offer recently and so decided to give it a go, especially as my next "dry shampoo day" is never too far away!

                     
          
This is a tricky one for me.... I am going to tell you my verdict before I tell you about the product. The reason!? I am not sure that I love it as much as I should. For that reason I am going to break it down to a simple pro's and con's list. 

Pro's

Smells lovely
Doesn't leave a heavy chalky residue
I am able to leave my hair down once I've used it rather than having to put it up
Doesn't dry hair out

Con's

I feel as though I have to use more than I would traditionally to get rid of the oil

Now. I know what you're thinking there's a few more pro's there than there is con's and that's because this is a lovely product. But is it cost effective? Having to use more for the same purpose? I'm not convinced. So I'm sticking to my Batiste for every standard dry shampoo day where I throw my hair back in a bobble and keeping the Aussie for refreshing styles and adding volume. 

Aussie is available in most supermarkets and stores like Boots and Superdrug. But I would keep an eye out for when it's on offer before making a purchase. 

What's your favourite dry shampoo?

Rhian x

1 comment: