Tuesday 19 February 2013

Maybelline - the ROCKET mascara

I love trying new mascara's and I'm sure Maybelline bring at least 4 out each year.... The glossy press and tv ads always make each mascara look AMAZING! But for some reason I didn't get very excited about the launch of the latest Maybelline release - the ROCKET VOLUM' EXPRESS.
Normally my attitude would be "oooo I'll try that" but on this occasion I wasn't fussed. However I used my Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara on Saturday and its nearly close to running out so while out shopping I picked up the mascara, which was on offer for £6 in my local Asda.
I first used the mascara on Monday before going to work and I must say I was very impressed! More than was anticipated in all honesty.
The mascara has a "Jet Glide Brush"to create "massive volume in rocket time" which is also clump free (every girls favourite feature) and they aren't wrong. One stroke of this brush and you get great all over coverage on your lashes. Normally I would go back for a second coat but with this it isn't essential. The shape of the brush isn't great for the smaller lashes as there are no bristles on the end of the brush but it does a good enough job, and you can easily get at them if you are careful not to poke yourself in the eye.

Overall the product is great, and definitely gives my lashes volume and there are no clumps in sight. It also does a great job of separating the lashes and it does not flake off at all after prolonged wear.
Well worth the £6 I paid for it... And it is also available in waterproof.

Excuse the pics... I took them at 7pm and have not reapplied my make up all day. It's been on 12 hours!

Rhian Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment