Saturday 9 February 2013

Revlon Photo Ready Collection

I came across this range while looking for a new face primer in Boots. And this was the primer that caught my eye. Noticing that all Revlon products were 3 for 2 it would have been rude not to treat myself to a few other pieces.
The three products I selected were;
Primer
Mousse Foundation
Cream Blusher

I have tried one item from the collection before and that was the mascara. You can read the review here:

I will talk you through the products one by one.

Primer
I have tried a number of different primers over the years, all promising to minimise pores and prolong the wear of foundation.
Minimising pores is a big thing for me as I do suffer on the apples of my cheeks, and previously I've found the Benefit Porefessional works very well for concealing this but at £25 for a ml tube it's quite pricey.
I had high hopes for this primer... and was not disappointed.
The appearance of pores was reduced which improved my overall complexion and also it improved redness in areas too.
Did my foundation last longer? Yes! And it kept my skin matte all day.
I suffer with combination skin, and occasionally find that foundation can slide off in places throughout the day (I do not reapply make up through the day) but this primer holds it all in place, making the need to touch up redundant.
I was even asked by my Mum and ) o'clock one evening if I had been home to reapply!
The primer is half the price of the benefit one, but the consistency is different so a little more is needed.
The Revlon primer retails for £11.99
If you are a foundation primer virgin it is definitely something I would recommend, but this product can be worn alone too and will improve the appearance of your face plus leaving if soft and matte.

Mousse Foundation
I am so fussy when it comes to foundation! Rarely straying away from Mac's Studio Fix and Illamasqua's Skin Base, but in previous years I have occasionally used the Revlon Colourstay foundation and found it a great alternative. This prompted me to experiment with the Photo Ready Airbrush Mousse foundation.
The foundation comes in a can, and The only mousse foundation I've used previously is Maybelline but this texture is lighter, and not as mattifying on the skin.
The consistency is hard I describe - I guess it's sort of like hair mousse when you've not shaken the bottle enough. ;-)
A little does go a long way with this and you will be surprised with how little you need. The coverage is medium but is buildable without looking cakey.
Best to apply with your fingers too! I didn't even attempt to apply this one with my brush.
The finish is nice, looks very natural and feels light on the skin.
However this foundation is not for me, it doesn't give me the coverage I would feel comfortable with on an evening out but is suitable for the day time ( that's just my preference) As for the "airbrush" claim, I'm not 100% sure but it's worth purchasing if you like a natural look. U
The foundation retails for £12.99

Cream Blush
Ah, blusher - one item you should always keep in your make up bag. How any one goes without is a mystery to me. It's the perfect pick me up!!
I am normally a fan of a powder blusher and for staying power on a night out of a long day I use a tint, but this was the free item in my 3 for 2 promotion so thought I would give it a shot.
The blusher comes in 3 shades

Flushed - pink
Pinched - natural slightly coral tone
Coral Reef - coral (obviously)

I opted for Flushed but could have easily chosen Coral Reef. Pinched is slightly too light for me, but for anyone not use to blusher or who likes a ultra natural look its subtle and really pretty.

The texture is quite stiff, imagine a lip balm before its worked. Just like that! But again a little goes a long way and you don't need to apply much to get a great result.
It's also perfect for someone who doesn't like to apply a powder blusher as it can look too heavy and not as fresh. (If you like a light natural fresh faced look a la dewy skin it's great)
The blusher doesn't budge and is similar to a tint in that sense. Great product for £7.99.

I like this latest Revlon collection, the packing and idea behind it is great. The feel of the product is similar to the approach of Smashbox in terms of marketing and packaging, and these give it a professional feel - but more affordable.

I've tried the Mascara in this range previously and the results are also posted on my blog.

Rhian Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment