Saturday 16 November 2013

Nails Inc. Gel Effect Nail Polish

I got so excited when I first saw this product in Debenhams. So much so that I bought it straight away. 

Only available in four colours; Kensington High Street, St James, Bond Street and Porchester Square I opted for Kensington High Street which is a mulberry shade, perfect to wear with any outfit this autumn winter. 

On first application I note the following; it is much harder to apply a polish with a square lid as opposed to a round one - yes that may seem a small thing and I'm sure that BUTTER London would disagree with me, but for me it's not as comfortable to apply. That aside, coverage is good and it does offer the plumping effect that it suggests. 
I did purchase the gel top coat in addition to the polish to give it an extra finish, however having previously had a Nails Inc. Gel Manicure this polish still doesn't have the lustre and shine you get from having a gel manicure but in comparison it's only £14, so let's not expect miracles here! 

Now don't get me wrong, the polish does have the desired plumping effect it advertises as I mentioned before, it does even out the nail and any imperfections are hidden and when first applied it looks flawless. My biggest issue with this polish? .... Staying Power. Each time I have applied this polish I have been disappointed by how long it was stayed without a chip on my nail both with and without a gel top coat the staying power is poor. I can barely go two days without a chip and normally a polish and top coat will last me at least 4-5 days. 

If you like the look and finish of gel nails without the price tag then this is perfect and the colour selection is strong as despite it being only four shades it covers the essentials - Red, Nude, Purple, Mulberry. 
I just can't seem to get it to last on my nail as long as I would expect for a £14 polish. 

Have you tried this product? How did you get on with it? 

Rhian Xx
      

No comments:

Post a Comment