Sunday 23 June 2013

Sephora Full Action - Extreme Effect Mascara

 

As I write this post, I am aware that some of the people reading it will have no idea of who or what Sephora is (which was the same as me this time last year) So here is a little background to this wonderful brand.

Sephora is a French brand and chain of cosmetics stores founded in Paris in 1970. Sephora was acquired by French conglomerate LVMH (Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy) in 1997. The Sephora chain includes more than 1,750 points of sale in 30 countries across the world. Carrying more than 100 brands, along with their own private label, Sephora offers beauty products including makeup, skincare, fragrance, hair care, bath and body products, and hair and make-up tools. (Thank You Wikipedia)

It was this time last year that I was heading to Barcelona, the place where I first witnessed this magical store full of wonderful make up and beauty goodies - It's like the Holy Grail of beauty stores and far surpasses any beauty halls featured in Department Stores in the UK.
Sephora, the store houses the usual brand suspects of Dior, Benefit, Urban Decay etc. but it is their own brand that most excited me while in the store.... A vast array of make products far better and far more advanced in terms of colour and product range than any own brand ranges we have in the UK. This discovery prompted the question in my mind -

" SEPHORA - WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!?"


I could have played for hours in that store, and could have spent nearly all my Euro's for the entire trip - I had to restrain myself. I picked up three products; a face primer, an eye shadow and a mascara.

It is the mascara I want to talk to you about today - now being totally honest it wasn't until this morning ( a year later ) that I remembered I purchased this product, hence the delay in writing this post about it.



I chose a rather unusual shade when purchasing this product - Purple and I chose this as an alternative to black as I have green eyes in the hope it would make the colour of my eyes pop.

The application of the product is great, it is smooth and offers great coverage and no clumps. Sephora claims several benefits to this mascara;

-Volumises
- Lengthens
- Curves
- Separates
- Strengthens
- Protects
- Nourishes

And in terms of the visual affects listed above I am inclined to agree with them.

You may have read my previous post on Max Factor's Eye Brightening Mascara which contains a hint of complimentary colour to your lashes  http://prettygreeneye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/max-factor-eye-brightening-mascara.html and in terms of performance the Sephora mascara knocks spots off it.

The colour is vibrant and particularly in the light the purple shade is highly visible, which brings out the green in my eyes perfectly.


Unfortunately Sephora is not currently available in the UK but is widely available across Europe and the USA so I would definitely check it out while on holidays.

The mascara is available in 4 shades; Black, Brown, Blue and Purple at retails for 15.00 euros.

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment