Thursday 27 June 2013

Dior Addict Lipstick in Diablotine

This summer is all about coral shades for me - I love it, especially with a tan.

In preparation for my holiday, I stocked up on nail varnish and Benefit's Cha Cha Tint - one thing missing, something luscious and glossy for my lips.

Step up Dior's Addict lipstick in Diablotine.

This is the shade that Dior are using on all of their PR activity along with the Addict gloss so it makes it the perfect shade to talk about.

Now in order to get the desired effect like in all the marketing etc it is best combined with Dior Addict gloss... I already have a similar shade Guerlain Kiss Kiss gloss in Frizzy Mango (849) and that also does the trick! 

Before we get down to the product I simply cannot stress enough how beautiful the packaging is... I know, I know... It should be about the product but the packaging is part of the reason you pay the big bucks! 
It's stylish iridescent shimmer packaging makes it very eye catching when proceeding to reapply throughout the day and should someone catch you it's a definite talking point. 

The product.... The colour is great... It's the perfect shade of coral/pink for me and because it has a shimmer in it, it feels like a light gloss on the lips. Upon application it also feels very moisturising. The only negative is that the staying power isn't great and for £24.00 I think you'd expect more. That being said - I love this lipstick and I don't mind having to reapply it throughout the day.



The shade may be a little subtle for some people, as you really need a gloss on top for greater impact, but can ideally be worn as a substitute for a gloss during the day if you want a hint of colour and shine without the stickiness.

Top - Swatch Of Lipstick
Bottom - Swatch of Lipstick with Guerlain gloss applied.
Blog Post on Guerlain Kiss Kiss gloss to follow.

Rhian Xx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment