Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rimmel APOCALIPS

FINALLY, finally I am getting around to blogging about Rimmel Apolalips - these little beauties have been sat in my "lip drawer" for a good few months, and I could count on one hand how many times I have worn them and in all honesty, I forgot I had them!

There was a lot of hype around this product when it was first launched, so as they were on offer I bagged two. I went for Luna (a soft peachy nude shade) and Celestial (a subtle rosy pink)



Luna
Celestial













Now how to define the product? It is neither a lipstick nor a lipgloss, but more a combination of the two - combining the practicality of a gloss with the finish of a lipstick.

The application is smooth and not sticky in any way, so in that sense it is similar to a lipstick - it also offers great overall coverage.
The applicator wand makes you feel as though you are applying a lipgloss, and it is also easy and quick to apply giving great impact.

The product also has great staying power, and when it does fade throughout the day it fades evenly making sure you are never left with patchy lips - something I have experienced with some matte lipsticks, particularly with richer colours.
The fact that it is not sticky like a gloss but offers a subtle sheen is a big plus cause there is nothing worse that your hair sticking to your lips!

Despite all the above plus points and there are a few, I still don't love this product! I am not overly fond of the slight cucumbery scent and taste (I know that's not a real word but that's how I can best describe it) and I think that's what puts me off, that along with the fact it feels quite drying on the lips and in order to keep the sheen you would need to reapply.

However you aren't use to applying lipsticks and want something to slowly introduce you to the world of more impactful colour then this could be the product for you.
It's available in 8 shades, from nude muted shades to bright reds and pinks and retails for around £6.

Rhian Xx

Product Image




No comments:

Post a Comment