Friday 15 March 2013

Benefit Fake Up! Concealer

So recently I was lucky enough to be invited to a Benefit Cosmetics blogging event in Swansea for the launch of Benefit's latest product. Fake Up concealer.
At first I found it a little strange that it was held in Swansea rather than Cardiff, but as it turns out the Benefit counter I'm Swansea is the No.1 in the country! Who would have thought it hey!?
At the event we were greeted with a champagne reception, along with canapés and fresh strawberries, this accompanied by the views of Swansea bay from the 27th floor of the Meridian Tower only added to the event - delicious!
An introduction to the Benefit team quickly followed and then the whole reason we were there, Fake Up was revealed.

Fake Up is marketed as a hydrating, creaseless concealer, and is available in three shades.
•Light
•Medium
•Deep

The concealer itself is surrounded by a hydrating ring, Lisa - Benefit's Head Make Up and Trend Artist (and Brow Expert) demonstrated the product, applying in a 'V 'shape on the under eye area, a little provides excellent coverage and instantly brightens the under eye area while feeling soothing too.
The product can also be used in your laughter lines (if you have any that is) down the centre of your nose for a slimming effect or anywhere else that you may wish to highlight. - The brow bone was another great tip, along with around your nose for a little pick me up if suffering from a cold or redness.
I was colour matched as 01 - Light
But Lisa also demonstrated a great trick using the mid and deep shades to contour the cheekbones, a process I have become fond of. The product blends seamlessly with the rest of your make up.

I was impressed by the concealer and it definitely does work!
I'm not someone that has particular issues with darkness in the under eye area but I have used this product every day since I've had it, along with the deep to contour.
The concealer retails for £18.50, so it's not cheap but it is less that YSL's Touché Éclat and dare I say it - I think I prefer it to the cult favourite.
If you do usually purchase Touché Éclat I would recommend giving the Benefit one a go!

The event itself was great, we were colour matched to a Hello Flawless foundation shade which we also got to take away as well as being left to try out other Benefit product.
I also got to meet lots of other amazingly lovely welsh bloggers!

Benefits Fake Up concealer hits counters on the 30.03.13 and as I mentioned retails for £18.50
It was released in America last week and has already sold out so it you are looking to grab one be quick!

Rhian Xx


Images of the event are posted below;























1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a fab venue! The Newcastle event was great but we definitely didn't have that view :)

    www.thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete