Sunday 28 July 2013

Collection Gel Liner - Brown

It's a rather bleak looking Sunday morning... so what better to brighten your day than to tell you about a great product that won't hurt your bank balance! 

For those unfamiliar with gel liners, this is a great opportunity to introduce yourself to them at a budget price. 
In typical Collection style, this product sells for about £4-£5. I purchased mine in Tesco, on offer for £4 and for that it also includes a mini brush for application. 


I opted for brown, as I already have a black gel liner from Bobbi Brown but this range is also available in; Black, Gold and Teal. 
Application may require a little practise the same as any eyeliner, but a gel liner can provide a smoother and softer look to a liquid liner and also a more intense finish than a kohl liner - I find them perfect for applying on top of eye shadows to complete a look. 

This product promises 12 hour wear, I wore mine for about 10 hours and it held up pretty well. The colour wasn't as intense as it was after first application but then that's normal.

(I will say for anyone looking to invest more in a gel liner that the Bobbi Brown one I wear does not budge but retails for about £17.50 and the brush would be an additional cost) 

I opted for the brown shade for a softer day time look. 
The brown has a slightly reddish tone to it which is perfect for my eye shade. 
The brush isn't half bad either! The product applies very well and with great instant coverage.

I have found that even when ensuring that gel liners are tightly closed at all times they can tend to dry out, so will be keeping a close eye on this one. But for £4 this product is an absolute bargain! 

Rhian Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment