Saturday 20 July 2013

Benefit Stay Flawless - 15 Hour Primer

This is a slightly delayed post.... Unfortunately I missed the Stay Flawless blogging event in Bristol for the launch of this product as I was away sunning myself in Portugal.... Nevertheless I have finally got my hands on it.

Before I reviewed this product after one days wear, I thought it would be better to review after a few days, and it couldn't have gone through a tougher test because for the days I trialled it, I was in a sweltering hot office and then London town in 32 degree heat!

So how did it stack up?

Great! I have tried loads of primers, particularly because I have combination skin and I also do not reapply my make up throughout the day so I like to buy product that will last.

The product comes in a stick format, which is very handy for quick application, when applying I draw a number 3 on my face - starting at my forehead, round to my cheek and then back out to the chin. I then buff out using a brush to ensure an even coverage.
The product applies transparently to the skin and unlike other primers I have used it doesn't feel heavy or like a mask on my skin.
Using the primer means that I use a lot less foundation while still achieving the same level of coverage.

Now as I mentioned I wore this product on some of the hottest days we have seen for years and I was still impressed. My foundation stayed put and it improved the overall appearance of my skin. However I would say, that if you are looking to this primer to prep the skin and minimise pores you are looking in the wrong direction as the product does not target pores. For that I would recommend Benefits Porefessional. The two products combined together make for near perfect skin.

Being Benefit the Stay Flawless primer isn't the cheapest around at £24.50 (15.5g) but a little goes a long way.

Would this product be a regular feature to my make up collection? Yes, at the moment it is my favourite primer.

Do you wear a primer? If so what is your go to product?

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment