Sunday 15 June 2014

Yves Saint Laurent SHOCKING Indecent Volume Mascara


This is only my second ever YSL mascara purchase... My first one was a few years ago and I opted for a purple one to bring out the green in my eyes...

     
When I saw this mascara with it's beautiful gold classic YSL packaging and the word SHOCKING plastered across the front I was immediately drawn in. Now it is a little pricey.... It's usually around £23-£25 depending on whether you catch promotions. 
I opted for 01 Deep Black - it is an intense black - it is a very black formula.. Some of the cheaper mascara's can appear a little grey after application but this one is black, black.
The formula itself is quite thick and a little gloopy - it coats your lashes quite heavily with one application which is good because if you try and apply a second coat be prepared for clumping and unnatural looking lashes! 
The Shocking mascara has a new brush compared to other YSL mascara's which is meant to increase the precision and improve application - did I notice all the science? No not really... Like I said it does offer a full coverage to your lashes in one application and that could be from the thickness of the product or from the brush... Let's give YSL credit here and say it's both :) 
What makes this formula "Indecent" well apart from clever marketing which makes it sound all very sexy... YSL state the formula contains two different types wax... One to maximise the thickness of your lashes and the other to create curve. This formula combined with the new brush is meant to give a false lash effect. 
 

Now whilst my lashes do appear thicker.. I want more from this product...more than the delicious packaging... More than a fancy fancy new brush... Especially at £25. It's not that I don't like this mascara but I do fear that even after the two weeks I've had it, it's at the early stages of clumping and drying it and also there isn't a great deal of length impact. 
Personally I find the Lancôme Hypnos and Benefit They're Real Mascara's much better value for money at the more premium end of the market. 


Sorry YSL, as beautiful as this looks ok my make up bag - this product isn't really for me... 

Have you tried this mascara? Or any other YSL mascara's? ... Thoughts?

Rhian Xx

*other products used in picture;
Anastasia Beverley Hills - Dip Brow Pomade in Chocolate
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Illamasqua Gel Liner
Smashbox Full Exposure Palette 
Illamasqua Sophie Blush

No comments:

Post a Comment