Friday 2 November 2012

OPI Skyfall Collection

I bloody well love James Bond... Not only have I spent the last few weeks watching old Bond films in the run up to the release of the latest instalment Skyfall. But I have been getting very excited over the new Bond inspired collection by OPI.
The collection cleverly takes inspiration from the last 50 years of Bond mania and has created an amazing range of nail polishes complementing each title.
Deciding which colours from the collection I wanted to purchase was a very difficult decision and after much deliberation I opted for Skyfall - a rich deep red, matt shade and the ever so slightly more dramatic The Living Daylights - which is almost a disco ball in a jar.
Skyfall - This has recently become my favourite nail polish... It's a great Autumn Winter shade, and is particularly great for a glamorous look. This shade and tone of the red is perfect and I'm a keen fan of a matt polish for simple elegance. The coverage and the longevity of the polish is everything you would expect from an OPI polish.
The Living Daylights - Well... This shade doesn't have the classic elegance that Skyfall does but it certainly has the "wow" factor. Unlike most glitter nail polishes this polish has multiple shades inside it. (Gold, Silver, Copper and Teal) I have found that this shade is best applied layered over other polishes rather than alone for an extra special effect, sure to make your friends notice your gorgeous talons. On the pictures below I have applied this polish to OPI's Black Cherry Chutney shade.

I originally only purchased those two polishes... But I wasn't satisfied so I opted for a little sample of a few shades and picked up the Bondette collection. A gift set comprising of 4 mini polishes.
• Goldeneye - a sparkly gold heavily pigmented shade perfect for the Christmas party season.
• The Spy Who Loved me - a bright red with subtle gold flecks.
• The World Is Not Enough - a sparkly pewter shade, with rose undertones which somehow manages to be both a perfect day time shade and a party worthy glam evening shade.
• Live and Let Die - This shade is described by OPI as "private jet black" but I feel it has a deep slightly darker hint of British Racing Green with gold flecks. Whatever colour it is, it's gorgeous!

Out of the 4 shades in this collection is difficult to pick a winner as they are all fabulous in their own right, but for people who aren't too bold with their nail polish choices The World Is Not Enough would be the perfect shade for you.

6 shades in and I still can't get enough of these delightful polishes. They are a definite must have, even if you aren't a Bond fan.

* OPI polishes are available nationwide for around £11 (15ml)
*The Bondette collection consists of 4 x 3.75ml polishes and retails for £12.

Do you own any polished from this collection? What's your favourite?

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment