Tuesday 29 January 2013

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner

I've recently fallen in love with gel liners after purchasing the Bobbi Brown liner. But there are a number of alternatives out there... So what are the budget gel liners like?
I recently purchased the new Rimmel Waterproof gel liner in Aubergine (because I already have a black gel liner this seemed to be the next most suitable colour for me, especially for my green eyes)
I applied the liner before work this morning (8am) and now at 8pm (12 hours later) the eyeliner has stayed put. It has lost a little depth to the colour but nevertheless it is still there.
The application was surprisingly easy, the packaging itself houses the applicator brush cleverly in its lid - this is a great idea especially if like me you misplace your brushes on numerous occasions. The added benefit to a shorter brush also is that there is more control over the strokes so application is swift and pretty mistake free. (If you have never applied a gel liner or liquid liner it may require a little practise to keep your hand steady)

I was very impressed - whether this liner lasts 25 hours like it suggests on the packaging is something I will never attempt to find out but it's a great buy and once you get use to the application you may find (like I have) that you prefer using a gel liner to a liquid or a kohl liner as it can double up as both.

The Rimmel liner is available in 3 shades
- Black
- Deep Blue
- Aubergine
Retail price is £6.49

Have you tried a gel liner? What are your favourite brands?

Rhian Xx




1 comment:

  1. I spotted these when I was buying the Apocalips. Thanks for reviewing them, I may try the blue one.

    ReplyDelete